Go Orange 2016
Main • Events • Volunteer
This September, Food Bank For New York City kicks off our 11th annual Go Orange to
End Hunger™ campaign, presented by Barilla,
during Hunger Action Month. Join us to take action and raise awareness of hunger in NYC!
Ways to Go Orange
- Check out our Go Orange Events throughout September!
- Snap a photo of yourself or a friend wearing orange and tag it #GoOrangeNYC to raise awareness – we'll feature the best pics on our website & social media!
- Start a Virtual Food Drive – Virtual Food Drives allow Food Bank to provide more food than a traditional canned food drive thanks to our wholesale purchasing power.
- Volunteer – Roll up your sleeves and sign up for a volunteer project at our Bronx warehouse or Harlem Kitchen & Food Pantry.
- Give – Did you know that $1 can help to provide 5 meals? Double your gift by asking your employer to match your donation!
- Sign your organization up for a "Food Bank 2 Go" custom repack project, where Food Bank comes to you!
Empire State Building Goes Orange
On September 28th, the Empire State Building will be lit orange in honor of hunger awareness.
Take a photo and tag it #GoOrangeNYC!
Watch the game from our private Party City Party Suite, enjoy a custom ball park menu, and mingle with special guests (TBA), all while supporting Food Bank!
Get all the details.
Now in its 11th year, Go Orange is a citywide call to action for all New Yorkers to get involved in support of the 1.5 million individuals who rely on Food Bank For New York City and our network of member charities.
Corporations are encouraged to get involved through sponsorship opportunities, employee volunteer activities, and cause marketing events. Contact our Corporate Partnership team for more details.