FREE TAX PROGRAM TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED due TO COVID-19
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend all tax services until further notice. This includes all in-person and virtual sites. The IRS has extended the federal tax filing deadline to July 15. We will resume our VITA free tax program as soon as it is safe to do so, and plan to provide services through the extended tax season this summer. In the meantime, you still have the option to file your own taxes online for free at one of the sites below based on your 2019 income. Continue to check our website and follow us on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) for future updates and announcements.
FREE SELF-FILING IS STILL AVAILABLE!
Filing your own taxes online is easy and COMPLETELY FREE (for both Federal and State taxes)! All you need is an email address, a computer with internet access, and basic computer skills. Be sure to CLICK THE CORRECT BUTTON below based on your 2019 income!
Where to Find Answers to Your Questions
The IRS is updating the FAQ pages for the Economic Impact Payment and the Get My Payment tool frequently on IRS.gov, as more information becomes available. Taxpayers should check the FAQs often, as many common questions are answered there.
About the 'Get Your Payment' Tool
Use the Get My Payment tool to:
- Check your payment status;
- Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check;
- Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if the IRS doesn’t have your bank information on file and you haven’t received your payment yet;
- Update your bank account or mailing address.
Information for Those Who Don't File Taxes
If you don’t file taxes, use the “Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info Here” application to provide simple information so you can get your payment. You should use this application if either of the below statements are true:
- You did not file a 2018 or 2019 federal income tax return because your gross income was under $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples). This includes people who had no income.
- You weren’t required to file a 2018 or 2019 federal income tax return for other reasons.
Do NOT use this application if you receive the benefits below. If you receive these benefits, the IRS already has your information on file and you will receive the $1,200 Economic Impact (stimulus) Payment.
- Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), survivor benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Recipients of Veterans Affairs benefits
- Railroad Retirement and Survivor Benefits
Special note: People who receive the above benefits who have qualifying children under age 17 CAN use this application to claim the $500 payment per child.