In 1983, leaders of the city’s pioneering soup kitchens and food pantries gathered to create a solution to best meet their needs in serving their communities. The result was the founding of Food Bank. That Food Bank has since provided more than 1.2 Billion Meals FOR New York City.
Leslie Gordon, President & Chief Executive Officer
Leslie Gordon is Food Bank for New York City’s President and Chief Executive Officer. She assumed this post at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic and led one of the nation’s largest Food Bank’s to double its annual output of food from 70 million lbs. to nearly 150 million lbs. of food in less than 18 months. For more than a decade, Leslie has led efforts to feed our neighbors in need and help lift them out of poverty in New York City and surrounding communities. Most recently she served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Feeding Westchester, Westchester County’s largest anti-hunger organization.
During her tenure at Feeding Westchester, Leslie took the organization to new heights by challenging the team to think boldly as they chart a course for the future, and creating a special culture that is highly collaborative and inclusive. Leslie led the charge to rebrand the county’s leading nonprofit hunger-relief organization from “Food Bank for Westchester” to “Feeding Westchester” to better communicate the breadth of its work. Under Leslie’s leadership, the organization increased the amount of fresh produce to more than 40 percent and upped the amount of food distributed by 20 percent – more than the average food bank in the nation. Leslie also forged cutting-edge, strategic alliances with non-food partners – specifically with health institutions – large and small to help address diet-related diseases.
Leslie previously served as the Senior Director of Program Strategy and Operations at City Harvest, where she helped pioneer a new strategy that positioned the organization to double the amount of food distributed annually, led the organization’s “Healthy Neighborhoods” program and oversaw the growth of its volunteer program from 6,000 to nearly 20,000 volunteers. Prior to that she was Executive Director of Best Buddies Pennsylvania and the Founding Director of Made in the Hudson Valley. She also served under General Colin Powell as National Director of America’s Promise – The Alliance for Youth where she partnered with CSuite leaders at FORTUNE 500 companies to launch global corporate social responsibility programs.
Leslie is Chair of the Board of Directors of Feeding New York State, and a member of the Board of Directors of the Hunts Point Cooperative Market. In February 2023, Leslie was announced as an honoree at New York Nonprofit Media’s first ever Nonprofit Trailblazers Award. She was named to PoliticsNY Power Women of 2022, was City & State’s 2022 & 2021 Nonprofit Power 100 leader, the Top 40 Most Fascinating Women in Westchester and Fairfield Counties alongside Glenn Close and Hilary Clinton, and the recipient of the 2020 SUNY New Paltz Professional Achievement Award.
Senior Leadership Team
Executive Leadership Team
SVP, Data & Information Systems
Vice President, External Affairs
Vice President, Individual Giving
Vice President of Community Impact and Investments
SVP of Programs
Chief Development Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Vice President, Fundraising Operations
Vice President, Institutions and Partnerships
Chief of Operations and Procurement
Board of Directors
Seraina Macia, Chair
CEO & Founder, Joyn Insurance
Gloria Pitagorsky, Vice Chair
Lary Stromfeld, Exec. Vice Chair
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
Arthur Stainman, Treasurer
First Manhattan Co.
Rev. Henry Belin, Secretary
Bethel AME Church
Kevin Frisz, Managing Partner
William James Capital Management
George Garfunkel, Managing Director
First Manhattan Co.
Lauren Bush Lauren, Founder
Katie Lee Biegel, Chef/Author
The Comfort Table
Nicolas Poitevin, Partner
Tower Research Capital
Kyra Sedgwick, Actor
Producer & Director
Rev. Michael Walrond, Pastor
First Corinthian Baptist Church
Mary Lynn Phillips
Stop & Shop, a national brand of Ahold Delhaize USA
- Sarah Bennett, Chair, Google
- Alessandra Simkin, Empire BlueCross BlueShield
- Alex Mark, Freelance Software Developer
- Alexis Teixeira, Carta
- Ashley Anderson, Hodes Weill & Associates
- Caitlin Coghlan, The Cookware Company
- Farrell Ulrich, Estee Lauder Companies
- Garry Michael, Farm2Me
- Hayley Kahn, Uber
- Jenna Greco, Graduate Student at NYU, Restaurant Industry
- Joe Holder, Founder, Health and Wellness Consultant, Nike/GQ
- Julia Lichtenstein, New York City Law Department
- Leslie Conner Warren, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Luke Roskowinski, Instacart E-Commerce Consultant
- Mary Caitlin Maloney, Ralph Lauren
- Mitch Burgess, Prospect Schools
- Olivia Briffault, CHIPS Program Office
- Ray Lu, JD/MBA Student at Columbia
Agency Advisory Committee
- Robin Sirota-Bassin, Southside United HDFC, Inc.
- Cheryl Cancela, The Salvation Army
- Allison Deal (Chair)m Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty
- Peer Deutsch, Oneg Shabbos
- Maria Estrada, Every Day Is a Miracle
- Lisa Everett, Northeast Brooklyn Social Services
- Rev. Vincent Fusco , Acts Community Development Corp.
- Major Sharon Lindsay, VETS, Inc.
- David Moses, Mt. Hebron Church of Christ
- Dorren Rutty, Bronx Bethany Community Corp.
- Kimberly Singh, Bnai Raphael Chesed Organization
PARTNER COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- LaMaunda Maharaj, NYC HRA—EFAP
- Tara Walker, NYC HRA—EFAP
- Diane Glick Morris, NYS DOH—HPNAP
STAFF COMMITTEE LIAISON