Amplify resources for New Yorkers facing food insecurity.
Advocate by using your voice creatively and intentionally online.
Boost Food Bank’s mission on social media.
Earn verifiable volunteer service hours.
Food Bank’s Social Media Ambassador Program is a way for volunteers to amplify resources for New Yorkers facing food insecurity, boost Food Bank’s mission on social media, and advocate by using their voices creatively and intentionally online – all while earning volunteer service hours.
Food Bank For New York City is a nonprofit dedicated to fighting hunger in New York City. We are so glad that you want to join us in spreading the word about our work! To that end, please remember to be kind, friendly, and cordial when you are posting about our brand!
There is no sign-up, application, or orientation required!
- Log in to your Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn accounts. You can use any or all of these platforms, and your accounts don’t need to be public or verified to participate.
- Complete the actions listed below. You must complete at least 5 Actions to receive verifiable service hours. Be sure to use the hashtag #FoodBankAmbassador every time you post!
3. Email screenshots of your actions, including your username or handle, to email@example.com. Don’t forget, each post must include #FoodBankAmbassador!
- 5 actions = 2 service hours
- All 10 actions = 4 service hours
- We are unable to give partial credit.
- While Social Media Ambassadors are welcome to post as much as they’d like, a maximum of 4 hours (10 actions) can be verified each month.
We reserve the right to deny volunteer hours for content that is irrelevant, inappropriate, or does not otherwise keep up with the standards, values, and mission of Food Bank For New York City