- If you missed the tax dateline Food Bank can still help you file your taxes! We will be open through June 30 – July 29.
- You are eligible for Food Bank’s free income tax services if you earned $60,000 or less in 2021.
- Download our latest tax flyer: CLICK HERE
Food Bank’s Free Tax Filing Services Are Back
Minimal contact drop-off locations & 100% online services available for your safety and convenience.
Important Information For You To Know:
Important Updates from the IRS
Those that received less than the amount they are eligible for can claim a credit for the remaining amount. Those that received more than they are eligible for may need to repay some or all of the excess amount.
The IRS will send Letter 6419 in January of 2022 to provide the total amount of advance Child Tax Credit payments that were received in 2021. The IRS urges taxpayers receiving these letters to make sure they hold onto them to assist them in preparing their 2021 federal tax returns in 2022.
3 WAYS TO FILE
Important COVID-19 Information
Must show proof of fully vaccinated to be served INSIDE tax office
Mask wearing is required for ALL
Temperature check on site for ALL
If NO PROOF of VACCINATION, you can choose to use the drop off option at the door
Contact office if any questions (646-981-6111)
Start Filing Remotely
Check the criteria below first to ensure you’re eligible to file with Food Bank for free 100% online today.
YOU’RE ELIGIBLE TO FILE ONLINE IF:
- Your income was $60,000 or less.
- You have a working email and cell phone number (smart phone is preferred).
- You must be able to participate on a short VIDEO CHAT (approx. 5 minutes) with one of our IRS-certified tax preparers for identity verification purposes. Approved video chat apps: FaceTime (iPhone), What’s App (iPhone and Android), or Microsoft Teams (iPhone and Android)
WHY FILE WITH FOOD BANK?
- It’s completely FREE for eligible filers!!
- It’s FAST!! The entire process takes around 7-10 business days – just have your tax documents ready. Find the full list of required tax documents HERE.
- It’s SECURE!! We are sponsored and certified by the IRS.
- It’s SAFE!! No need to leave your home or have any physical contact with our tax preparers.
Start Filing Your Taxes Online Today!
If you’re eligible (see above), start the process to file your taxes and claim your refund today!
Filing your own taxes online is easy and COMPLETELY FREE (for both Federal and State taxes)! All you need is a computer with internet access. Be sure to check your eligibility below based on your 2021 income!
If you can answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you qualify: