Food Bank For New York City engages supporters through many digital outlets, including foodbanknyc.org. Communicating with the Food Bank through social media further enables supporters to engage on another impactful level.
Please be aware that when engaging with the Food Bank For New York City over social media, you are agreeing to the following:
Commenting or Posting on a Food Bank For New York City social media account
Food Bank For New York City shares information, images and video with the public through external social media websites. Comments or posts made by the public to these sites are reviewed by designated Food Bank staff and, while comments or posts will not be edited by the Food Bank For New York City, the Food Bank reserves the right to maintain a positive environment and will delete content and block individuals from individual channels if they do not follow the guidelines outlined below:
- The use of obscene, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- Comments or posts will be deleted if they appear to be off topic to the conversation or subject addressed in the original post.
- Personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments or posts that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, age, or religious group, gender, sexual orientation or disability status are prohibited.
- Comments or posts must not be clearly commercial in nature.
- Spam or system glitches will be deleted.
- Defamatory or libelous comments or posts are prohibited.
- Comments or posts advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others are prohibited.
- You are subject to the Terms of Service (TOS) of the host site. Content (audio-visual files, images and text) you share with or post to official Food Bank For New York City pages is also subject to the TOS of the host site and may be used by the owners of the host site for their own purposes. For more information, consult the host website’s TOS.
Users are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to an official Food Bank For New York City site provided the content meets the standards articulated in this Use Policy and pertains to the subject of the social media site. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be deleted.
When the Food Bank For New York City identifies content for deletion, the first step will be to delete the post or comment. If the poster continues to post content flagged by the Food Bank For New York City, Food Bank staff will contact the poster, outlining why their post was deleted and inform them that continued posting of the content described above will result in the poster being blocked from the community.
Should a user notice a violation of these guidelines and policies, they should inform Food Bank For New York City staff at 212.566.7855 or email@example.com. Reported violations will be reviewed by Food Bank For New York City staff and appropriate action will be taken based on this review.
Questions or Concerns
Questions or concerns regarding Food Bank For New York City’s social media activity and policy and/or this Use Policy should be submitted to Dana Bryant, Director of Marketing & Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amendment or Modification
This Use Policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.