Students Against Hunger
Food Bank For New York City’s Students Against Hunger allows even the youngest New Yorkers to become leaders in the fight against hunger.
With every $1 donation, Food Bank provides 5 meals! Watch the video below to learn more about hunger in New York City.
Students Against Hunger is a fundraising drive designed to encourage students to become young leaders in the fight against hunger by raising monetary donations. All donations collected will benefit our member agencies and school pantries throughout the five boroughs.
The schools that raise the most meals from each category are recognized at the end of the school year, and the overall champion receives a certificate! The four categories are:
- Pre-Kindergarten and Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
How to Get Involved
- Become a Team Lead for Your School
If you are under 16, please ask an adult to register! Parents, teachers, and school administrators are encouraged to participate on behalf of their school and students. Register your school here!
- Mobilize Your Network Online or in your Community
- Online: You can create a Virtual Food Drive on behalf of your school. Register here and make sure you use your school’s name as the “Employer” and “Screen Name” when setting up the page. This will help us know you are part of the Students Against Hunger campaign. Once your page is set up, you can share the link to help reach your fundraising goal!
- In the Community: Get creative! Hold a bake sale, collect donations at your school’s theater or sports events, or come up with your own idea!
- Make a Tax-deductible Donation to Food Bank For New York City
If you set up a Virtual Food Drive, donations will automatically be made on your behalf. If you collect money through other means, parents/adults can mail Food Bank a check for the amount collected. They can also make a donation online by clicking here.
All Checks should be made out to Food Bank For New York City and mailed to:
Food Bank For New York City
Attn: Students Against Hunger
39 Broadway, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10006
If you have any questions, please contact Brigid Palcic at email@example.com.
- NYC’s Conference on Hunger and Poverty Presented by Food Bank For New York City
- Feb 15 2018
- 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM