Browse the Food Bank's "Go Orange" Online Toolkit for easy ways that you can help raise awareness and funds for hunger relief in New York City — without even lifting your finger from that mouse!
In addition to wallpaper and banners to personalize your computer, blog or website, our Online Toolkit now offers ready-to-go suggestions for how to "Go Orange" and raise awareness through Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. With the significant expansion of social networking membership witnessed over the past year — even your boss and your mom, not to mention your younger cousins and your friends' kids, are now plugged in — the opportunities for raising awareness through these channels is greater than ever.
Use the Food Bank's tools below to raise hunger awareness throughout your online communities.
Facebook Twitter YouTube Wallpaper Web Banners
« more ways to "Go Orange"
With more than 250 million users, the potential for raising hunger awareness through Facebook is simply phenomenal. And besides its potential, spreading the word on Facebook couldn't be easier! "Go Orange" today by taking one, or both, of our easy Facebook actions:
1. Donate Your Status for a week, a month or for the duration of the NYC Goes Orange campaign, September–December! Just log in, paste our suggested message into your status bar and in seconds flat you've sent an awareness-raising message to your full community!
YOUR NAME "is 'Going Orange' to fight hunger! You can too: http://www.GoOrange.org"
2. Join our Facebook Cause! Remember, this action will appear in your friends' news feed, raising awareness among your community. Plus, you can invite others to join, and give the Food Bank permanent presence on your profile by making us your featured cause!
If you are reading this, you are already taking a short break from Twitter. So why not take one moment more to "Go Orange" and raise hunger awareness throughout your Twitter community — add an orange Food Bank crown to your avatar using Twibbon! Just click the icon to your right and follow the easy steps.
Plus, the Food Bank will announce new ways to "Go Orange" on Twitter on the first of every month, October–December! Check back here, or simply follow us on Twitter to stay on top of our awareness-raising opportunities!
In addition to our orange Twibbon, this December, the Food Bank is asking our followers to tweet help raise hunger awareness around the holidays. Due to a high level of attention paid to hunger and poverty during the end-of-year holiday season by the public and the media, this time of year is an ideal time for our supporters to get the message out that 1 in 5 New Yorkers relies on the Food Bank to eat! Please post our suggested awareness-raising tweets, below, this month and help make sure that all New Yorkers have a place at the table:
- 1 in 5 people relies on @FoodBank4NYC. "Go Orange" with Food Bank For New York City & make a difference! http://bit.ly/3Y8cCD #NYCOrange
- The holidays are here & 2 many NYers are turning 2 food assistance for the 1st time. "Go Orange" 2day! http://bit.ly/3Y8cCD #NYCOrange
- Every NYer should have a place @ the table this holiday. "Go Orange" w @FoodBank4NYC & make it possible: http://bit.ly/3Y8cCD #NYCOrange
- Spread goodwill to New Yorkers in need: 1.5 Mill rely on @FoodBank4NYC to eat. Help this Christmas: http://bit.ly/3Y8cCD #NYCOrange
- Don't let an empty table be part of anyone's Noel. 1.5 Mill rely on @FoodBank4NYC. Learn what you can do to help! http://bit.ly/3Y8cCD #NYCOrange
- 3.3 million NYers are struggling to afford food. Go Orange 4 Hanukkah 2 help @FoodBank4NYC - IT'S A MITZVAH! http://bit.ly/3Y8cCD #NYCOrange
- Give today & let a full table be part of a family's blessings this Hanukkah. "Go Orange" w @FoodBank4NYC: http://bit.ly/3Y8cCD #NYCOrange
Post a video showing us how YOU are "Going Orange"! Once it is posted email us the link. If approved, the Food Bank will share the video with our community!
Or, if you have a YouTube account, you can "Go Orange" and help raise awareness by becoming the Food Bank's friend! The Food Bank will then be listed on your channel, helping to drive traffic to our channel, which features one of our greatest awareness-raising tools — the "Generations of Hunger" video.
"Go Orange" and raise hunger awareness on your computer screen with our NYC Goes Orange wallpaper. Click on the thumbnails below for downloadable files.