Individual Food Donations
Single Donations Virtual Food Drives Food Drives
Moving? Cleaning? Extra food in your pantry?
Food Bank For New York City and our network of more than 1,000 community-based member programs always appreciates the generosity of New Yorkers. Whether it is a few cans from your pantry or a few boxes of household supplies, the Food Bank will help you locate a soup kitchen or food pantry in your community where hungry New Yorkers find the help they need.
All items to be donated must be:
- In their original, unopened packages
- Within the expiration date on the package
- In plastic jars or containers, not glass
How to Make a Single Donation:
- Visit our Food Program Locator.
- Enter your zip code in the appropriate field.
- A list of food assistance programs in the Food Bank network will appear. You can view location, contact information and hours of distribution. Contact the program nearest you and schedule a time to drop off, or for the program to pick up, your donation.
For more information about donating food to a food assistance program in your area, please contact Angella Gray, Product Logistics Associate.
Virtual Food Drives
Invite friends and family to help fight hunger!
Many of our donors go that extra mile — by using the Food Bank's Virtual Food Drive tool to spread awareness and raise funds through events of their own creation. The Food Bank will help you create a personalized web page. From there, you can invite friends and family to sponsor your participation in events such as marathons or to honor your big day, such as your wedding or bar or bat mitzvah — by making a donation to the Food Bank. Your dedication to ending hunger in New York City will be rewarded by your biggest supporters: your friends. Plus, the Food Bank regularly holds seasonal and campaign-based Virtual Food Drives that are already set up and just waiting for more teams to be created.
Your dollar will go farther with a Virtual Food Drive! Learn about its benefits:
- LOWER COSTS: The Virtual Food Drive tool eliminates the operational costs of transportation and man hours involved in a traditional food drive.
- STRETCHES DOLLARS: Your dollars go further as the Food Bank saves costs by using funds for bulk buying and special partnerships with large food donors.
- SUPPLIES MUCH-NEEDED ITEMS: Donations go toward purchasing much-needed supplemental food and grocery products that traditional food drives do not bring in.
- EASY AND FUN TO USE: As a donor, you'll get a real sense of the impact your donation has on feeding the hungry. With the click of a button you can give much-needed food and know how many meals your donation has helped provide. Every $5 helps to provide 25 meals for New Yorkers in need!
Start your own page today!
If you have any questions about Virtual Food Drives, please contact Donor Services.
Holding a food drive is a fun and easy group activity and helps give people a sense of social responsibility. Food drives also provide critically needed nonperishable food for the food pantries of New York City.
If you are interested in holding a food drive or receiving further information, please fill out our Food Drive Registration Form.