EATWISE Use Policy
All participants and managers of the CookShop for Teens: EATWISE social media channels will adhere to the following guidelines, in addition to the guidelines outlined in the Food Bank’s Use Policy when posting content (audio-visual files, images and text) to the EATWISE Tumblr and EATWISE Twitter accounts. CookShop for Teens: EATWISE is an official program of the Food Bank For New York City.
In the spirit of positive collaboration, the Food Bank For New York City and EATWISE strive to maintain a safe and open forum encouraging open dialogue. Food Bank For New York City and EATWISE will monitor this page during normal business hours (9:00am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday) and strive to promote effective communication and maintain a respectful dialogue with posts that are constructive and suitable for all readers and respecting the wide range of opinions and points of view in the world.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. This material was funded by USDA's Food Stamp Program (SNAP).
Those that wish to participate and engage on the EATWISE accounts must adhere to the following rules and expectations:
- Content must be civil and may not contain slanderous, libelous, malicious, offensive, threatening, profane, or insulting language.
- References to the personality of individuals or personal attacks will not be permitted.
- Advertising, promotional announcements, or sales pitches are not permitted.
- Content must be relevant to the EATWISE program.
- Content cannot include personal information, such as an address, phone number, social security number or other sensitive information and should not link to the personal website of a minor under the age of 18 or explicitly direct visits to a personal social media account of a minor under the age of 18.
- Links to other web sites or pages contained in comments or posts must lead to content that is relevant to the EATWISE program.
- Participants are responsible only for the content they post.
- Participants may not send harassing messages to other participants on the EATWISE accounts. Participants are encouraged to report harassing messages to Twitter or Tumblr directly or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Content should not be explicit or illegal and must not infringe on the intellectual property rights of content producers by posting content without receiving the prior, written consent of the author. Content should not include images of branded materials, such as packaging that displays trademarked logos or product names.
- Content by external parties on the EATWISE Twitter and Tumblr accounts are not official public testimony concerning any project or program. An opinion expressed on the EATWISE Twitter and Tumblr accounts is posted for discussion only and is not a substitute for official communication from the Food Bank For New York City.
- All participants and site managers are subject to the site’s Terms of Service (TOS).