Check-Out Hunger 2014
When: October 15, 2014
- January 31, 2015
The 24th annual Check-Out Hunger campaign is nearing! 2.6 million people struggle to afford food in New York City, but during Check-Out Hunger, you can help provide meals by donating a dollar or two when “checking out” at supermarkets and grocery stores throughout the five boroughs.
100% of all donations go to Food Bank For New York City and every
dollar donated helps provide 5 meals for New Yorkers in need!
Participate in Check-Out Hunger
If a store is interested in participating in Check-Out Hunger this year, please fill out our online participation form. If you have any questions, please contact Kenji Hoffman. For a list of participating stores from last year's campaign, please click here.
How it Works:
• Shop at a participating store.
• Select a coupon on the placard — in denominations of $1, $3, $5 and $10 — located at the store’s check out counter.
• Hand the coupon to the check-out clerk and s/he will scan your donation. The donation will then be added to the total of your receipt. Each coupon has a UPC bar code on the back just like every other item in your shopping cart.
• Your tax-deductible donation will appear on your receipt.
• Feel good knowing that your small donation truly goes a long way!