Super Bowl parties are loaded with fun. They're also loaded with snacks that are high in fat and added sugar. It's easy to consume an entire day's worth of calories during the game, so our CookShop team has come up with a healthy snack alternative. This recipe has been tested and approved by our 40,000+ CookShop participants throughout New York City. It's sure to score big with football fans young and old!
Three Bean Fiesta
Serve this bean salad with whole grain chips for a flavorful, protein filled dip!
1 red bell pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 15-ounce can black beans
1 15-ounce can red beans
1 15-ounce can chickpeas
1 15-ounce can corn
4 teaspoons honey
½ cup cilantro
⅕ cup olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cut red bell pepper in half. Remove stem and seeds. Cut into thin strips.
- Remove skin from garlic cloves. Cut into small pieces.
- Cut limes in half.
- Open cans of black beans, red beans, chickpeas and corn. Pour into colander and rinse thoroughly. Transfer to large bowl.
- Cut red bell pepper into small pieces and add to bean and corn mixture.
- Squeeze juice from limes into small mixing bowl.
- Tear cilantro into very small pieces.
- Whisk honey, cilantro, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper with lime juice.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir to combine.